During the week we try to keep our main meals healthy-ish, we were doing really well before lockdown too! This is one dish that I make quite often because it’s a quick dish I can make once I’m home from work. I’ve found that the best tomatoes to use are the vine tomatoes rather than normal salad tomatoes. This recipe serves 2 but you can add more to suit the size of family you’re feeding. the majority if not all ingredients can be found in Aldi.
MOOD: Post quarantine, back to work quick and easy dish that will ease you back into to health eating.
- 2 fillets of seabass
- 1 pack of vine tomatoes
- 2 large roasting potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of basil leaves (finely chopped
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Nob of butter
- Sprike of chilli flakes
- Handful of asparagus
- Splash of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
- Put the seabass in a dish with salt, pepper and chopped garlic and leave in the fridge to marinate while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- rinse the tomatoes then add to a baking dish with 1 minced garlic clove, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil and mixed herbs and the basil. Cover with foil and place in the oven until the tomatoes are soft and they’ve released some juices.
- Peel and chop your potaotes into small cubes, add to a baking dish and add the other tbsp of olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, salt and pepper mix well then put in the oven and cook until soft and crispy.
- Once your tomatoes and your potatoes are almost ready cook your asparagus (follow packet instructions) if your tomatoes are done take them `out of the oven then turn the heat up to 200 degrees to ensure your potatoes have that crisp.
- Heat a non stick pan to a medium heat and add the butter once hot enough add the seabass skin side down and cook on a medium heat for around 3 minuntes (without touching it) then flip over an cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove seabass from the pan to the plate then add the a little more butter to the pan with the juice from the tomatoes and a splash of lemon juice and heat together until it bubbles to create a sauce.
- Plate the tomatoes, asparagus and potatoes and drizzle the sauce over the seabass and vegetables and serve.
This is my go to for a healthier option, you can always leave the potatoes & use a small amount of olive oil to cook the fish insead of butter to make it that much healthier and just add extra vegetables. Either way this is a great one for a fast and tasty meal!