Mood: Adventurous. Good for when you’re wanting something to add some spice, easy and carefree. In the mood for good food but don’t want to waste any time
I made this as a starter when I had family over for Chinese food. We love a bit of spice so I wanted something vegetarian friendly with a good kick!
Now, I’ve heard of Bang Bang Cauliflower – researched it – it was covered in flour!! and fried!! Nothing healthy about that – but also, I was making food for 16 and didn’t want to spend a long time making the starters. So this was my alternative recipe.
Disclaimer: it might blow your mind and tastebuds (in a good way).. not for the fainthearted
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Red chilli oil (or lazy red chilli)
- Vegetable oil
- Soy Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Teaspoon of honey
- Sesame seeds
- One fresh green chilli
- Chilli flakes
- Spring onion (garnish)
1. Boil the cauliflower for 5-10 minutes until almost soft
2. In a oven dish add the vegetable oil, red chilli chilli (or lazy red chilli), 4 cloves of garlic
3. In a bowl mix together the Soy Sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, teaspoon of honey, teaspoon of sriracha, green chilli (chopped) and the leftover garlic cloves (chopped finely)
4. Drain the cauliflower and pat dry. Add to the oven dish – mix it around with the oil and garlic.
5. With a brush, layer on the mixture and cover the cauliflower.
6. Add a sprinkle of the coriander and sesame seeds. Mix well.
7. Bake in the over for 20-30 minutes (until desired softness or until golden brown)
8. Remove from over and top with coriander and spring onions
Serve! Preferably with a cold glass of something incase the spice is too intense! 😋
– Raj xo
3 thoughts on “Spicy Garlic Cauliflower”
Great post 😁
Love cauliflower and excited for the kick but any way to make it less spicy please?
Hi Romy! Yes of course – add less chillis or you can add yoghurt to your marinade!